We are looking for a new Governor to help ensure the effective delivery of the Foundation’s grant-making priorities, guide our work and represent the Foundation at various external events.
The role will involve a range of activities including contributing to policy, strategy and direction to ensure the sustainability of funding and of the Foundation, bringing individual expertise and experience to Board proceedings, representing the Board at events, and raising awareness of the Foundation. Minimum specifications for the role are outlined in the attached Board Recruitment Pack.
The Aldgate and Allhallows Foundation is an independent education charity operating in the City of London and the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Established in 1895, the Foundation is an amalgamation of three much older trusts founded by Sir Samuel Starling (1675), Anthony Death (1679), and Alderman James Hickson (1686) to provide funds for education or trade training for young people from the City of London and East End.
The Foundation is currently based at 31 Jewry Street in the City of London and administered by Staff at The Portal Trust. In recent years, grants totalling approximately £150,000 have been awarded to organisations and individuals.
If you are passionate about education and willing to become involved both at a strategic and practical level to make a positive impact in the education sector we encourage you to apply – particularly if you are from an underrepresented group or are a recent beneficiary of the Foundation.
- Salary: The position is unremunerated, but reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Hours: The time commitment required will be at least four days per year, for preparation and attendance at Board meetings, Governor Away Days and external events.
- Term: The appointment will be for a three-year term of office, with a possibility of renewal.
- Selection: Applicants with the most appropriate mix of qualifications and experience will be invited to attend an interview. The interviews will be conducted in December 2023 or January 2024.
- Closing Date for Applications: 30 November 2023.
To apply, please read through the attached Board Recruitment Pack and email your CV, completed application form, Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and Verification of knowledge of board and staff members to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a query, please feel free to contact Richard Foley on 020 7480 5884.